Faculty members who need materials that are not in the library collection to support their research are invited to submit a proposal for a Library Research Grant. Each year, the Alkek Library provides funds to acquire non-curricular materials for this purpose. Although the review process is competitive, the majority of professionally written proposals that clearly justified how the materials requested would benefit research have been funded. Priority is given to material that can be permanently added to the library collection.
- $20,000 in funding is available.
- Proposals over $3,000 are unlikely to receive full funding.
- Priority is given to materials that can be permanently added to the library collection. Materials requested may include books, back issues of journals, electronic resources, AV materials, computer software.
- Requests should not include current subscriptions, journal articles, or multiple copies of materials.
- Applicants are asked to provide a brief description of the project, a list of needed materials, and the estimated cost.
Proposal Deadline: 5:00 p.m. November 3, 2008. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Joan Heath, Assistant Vice President, University Library at email@example.com, 245-2133.